Thursday, August 22, 2024

Open Letter to the HCC Membership


This summer, my daughter Anna, a sophomore at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, was awarded her second significant scholarship from Highlands CC.  As a parent, I am absolutely blown away by the continuing generosity of our membership, who ensure Highlands CC remains the most competitive employer, and premier club in Western North Carolina.  

Since I was 15 years old, I worked at total of 7 different golf course facilities in the US and Scotland. Of those, not one of them remotely compares to the kindness and generosity of the Highlands CC membership.  It is that generosity and culture that made it my goal to make Highlands CC my career, something I have an incredible amount of pride in. It not only benefitted my family, but it shaped the person I’ve grown to be since first setting foot on Highlands CC at the age of 22. Fast forward 24 years later and every day continues to be a growing experience for me, and one I have so much gratitude for. Anna grew up around Highlands CC and saw your kindness first hand. It has shaped her and continues to shape her into the young lady she’s become.  The interest and care she experienced by the many members/mentors she came to know over her past 19 years, is very special to her and our family. I couldn’t be more proud of Anna and couldn’t be more proud to serve as your golf course superintendent. Your generosity and commitment has allowed me to raise a family and be part of something so much bigger.  Highlands CC has been an incredible blessing to my family and I want to say, Thank you.