Saturday, July 27, 2019

#18 Postcard


This is the first time I ever saw this particular postcard. I have seen several different variations of this shot at slightly different angles.  It's interesting seeing that the area below the 18th tee complex was once full of apple trees. I’m going guess this is from the 1950’s or early 1960’s judging by the style of golf cart in the photo and the fact that the lake goes behind the green as well as in front of it. I do wonder how the golfers using the cart got to the 18th green without driving on the highway?  I’m sure Hwy 106 traffic wasn’t near what it is today which would make it slightly safer to access the road if needed. Of course, the Hardin Tunnel wasn’t constructed until 1993, so crossing the road was a necessity at least 2x during your round.