Monday, November 12, 2018

Carolinas GCSA Conference and Show


For the next three days, Chad, Paul, Harold and I are attending the Carolinas GCSA annual conference and show in Myrtle Beach, SC.  This conference is an excellent educational opportunity that is needed for us to maintain our pesticide applicator licensces and certifications. This afternoon, I am taking a class on insects and diseases of Golf Course cool season turf.  This class is a great refresher of the basics and also an update on research of common pest control.  Tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday, the trade show opens.  As the Carolinas GCSA secretary/treasurer, I am the chairman of this conference and show this year. After our annual business meeting on Wednesday morning, I will accept the role of Vice President.  In 2019, I will become the 49th president of the association, an honor I am looking forward to.