Thursday, September 15, 2016

Thursday

 
I learned from several landscape architects that if you want an unnatural, man made object to disappear in a landscape, you paint it a deep, flat earth tone color.  I recently found this army green Krylon camouflage paint that does a great job on basins and valve boxes on the golf course.  I experimented with several colors and nothing tops this shade of green.  I have Reeve's Hardware ordering me several cases and in the next few weeks, we will be painting all of the golf course basins.

After a walk through with landscape architect, Mary Palmer Dargan, we started thinning the canopy of several maples at the Clubhouse.  See if you can find Chad's utility cart in this photo!

The purpose was an annual walk through to be sure the grounds still present themselves the way they are intended.  After all, plants grow and gardens evolve.