Saturday, October 20, 2018

TopGolf



Saturday afternoon, I had my first experience visiting a TopGolf location in Atlanta.  I have to say, it was a lot of fun and is a pretty neat twist on the game.  There are a lot of industry articles written lately about the popularity of TopGolf and if it is introducing new generation to the game.  Observing most of the people using the bays on the floor we were on- most did appear to be beginners.  The question is, would this actually encourage someone to purchase a set of clubs and start playing on a real golf course?  I was really surprised- the experience did surpass my expectations and I could see someone developing an interest in the game after being introduced to it by way of TopGolf.  However, the cost, accessibility and the difficulty of the game will continue to be an issue.  TopGolf is a pretty interesting fad right now that takes the game of golf and turns it into a real live arcade game, so to speak.  That being said, I could also see people appreciating the fun social aspect that TopGolf offers and never intending to set foot on a real golf course.  Either way, it is pretty neat seeing a lot of people ecited about golf.  TopGolf doesn’t seem to have an issue attracting customers and locations are being built in major cities all over the country.