Thursday, April 27, 2017

Fundraising Event

 
On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to represent the Carolinas GCSA at a fundraiser tournament at Rock Barn Golf and CC near Hickory, NC.  The event raised money to support the turfgrass curriculum at Catawba Valley Community College.  Of course, that's Chad and I on the right.  My team was rounded out by Aubrey Hines (far left in yellow), who is my salesman from Howard Fertilizer and Howard McKeehan, superintendent of a small public facility in Spruce Pine, North Carolina.  Howard has been the superintendent there for 40 years!   
 
I am always fascinated by folks like Howard, because they've found a way to stay engaged, challenged and tuned in to their respective clubs for so long.  The golf industry is challenging because as memberships change, often times priorities do as well.  Its our job to keep learning what the priorities are and guiding the process.