Sunday, November 17, 2019

Carolinas GCSA Conference & Show

This week is the Golf Course Superintendent Associations annual conference and show in Myrtle Beach SC. This is a great event that serves this 4,000 member organization that's dedicated to advancing the superintendent profession and offering continuing education to its members. 

This year is special because I become the 47th President of the Carolinas GCSA on Wednesday at the association's business meeting.  I've served on the Board of Governors since 2012. 

In addition, I am teaching two classes. On Tuesday morning, I am teaching a 2-hour class on the basic fundamentals of Turfgrass Science to the members of TETAC- Turfgrass Equipment Technicians Association of the Carolinas, who have their annual education conference along with the Carolinas GCSA.  Tuesday afternoon from 12-4pm, I serve as a moderator of a panel discussion called 'Bentgrass Brainstorm' which features the Superintendents from Wade Hampton GC, Grandfather Golf & CC, Biltmore Forest CC and Carolina Lakes GC. This is a great opportunity for the 100 attendees to hear about bentgrass management in the Carolinas.  I do this panel every year because it is one of the most popular education sessions at the conference. 

Tonight (Sunday), is our monthly Board Meeting of the association.

As your Superintendent, I am forever grateful to Highlands CC for supporting my continuing education and professional growth!